This relaxing sea kayak tour is ideal for those of all sea kayaking skill levels who want the majesty of Lake Superior but the comfort of lodge accommodation. We have combined a five night stay at beautiful Salzburgerhof resort on Lake Superior, with a half day of instruction and three day-trips along the coast of Lake Superior. A day is set aside for just plain relaxation
Families with children too young to sea kayak can be accommodated as parents can alternate days of paddling (in which case only one person would be charged for the tour, plus additional occupancy cost).
|Trip at a Glance :|
|Dates:||2014: Aug. 3 - 7|
|Departure:||Salzburgerhof Resort, Batchawana Bay, Lake Superior|
|Price:||$865 ($495[tour] + $370 [room]) (taxes included)
tour youth rate ($248), <16 yrs, must be accompanied by adult
|Duration:||5 days, 5 nights|
|Included:||Accommodation, Guides, shuttles, lunches, park permits, kayaks, three-hour safety and skills instruction|
|Not Included:||Dinner and breakfast (available at resort);|
|Note:||Room rates are per person based on double occupancy; there is an additional charge for single occupancy; suites and larger rooms for familys are also available and can considerably reduce the per person cost.
Transportation from Sault Ste. Marie airport (YAM) to Voyageurs' Lodge and return - $100.00.
You arrive at the resort Saturday evening to be greeted by the Elzigan Family, owners of SalzburgerHof, and settle in to your accommodations. There is an excellent restaurant on the facilities. Of course, those who have chosen a housekeeping unit can prepare their own meals.
A return airport shuttle can be arrainged at $100.00/person.
- Day 1 (3 km): At 1:00 p.m. we assemble at Salzburger Hof Resort where you will be transported to Batchawana Bay for a half day of sea kayak instruction
- Day 2 (16 km): After breakfast, (8:45 am) we load into the van to begin our Batchawana Bay trip, to return by 5:30 p.m. to the resort
- Day 3 (0 km): Rest Day. Time for a bit of relaxation at the Resort after your first full day of paddling
- Day 4 (16 km): We depart (8:45 a.m.) to paddle from Mica Bay to Alona Bay, a very scenic section of Lake Superior
- Day 5(12 km): We depart (8:45 a.m.) for Lake Superior Provincial Park to paddle to the pictographs.