From Pancake Bay Provincial Park, Lake Superior (65 km from Sault Ste. Marie) we paddle north, at a relaxing pace, along the open coast of Lake Superior. We end our sea kayak trip near the rugged lava flows of Mamainse, for return tranpsortation to the park.
Tour begins with basic sea kayak instruction, and offers a good introduction to sea kayaking.
See updated calendar, or call for additional dates
|Trip at a Glance :|
|Dates:||Wednesdays, Beginning June 28
|Departure:||Voyageurs' Lodge, Batchawana Bay at 9:00 a.m.|
|Price:||$145 CDN (taxes included)|
|Included:||kayaks, guides, lunch, shuttle|
|Not Included:||Personal gear|
|Note:||Ideal for novice paddlers|
The evening prior to the trip, accommodation is available at the Voyageurs' Lodge on Batchawana Bay (60 km or 36 miles) north of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. Please inform us and we will book this accommodation for you. For those who prefer to camp Pancake Bay Provincial Park is 5 km north of the lodge.
- 9:00 a.m. Meet at Voyageurs' Lodge and drive to Pancake Bay Provincial Park bordering Lake Superior (10 minute drive) to begin one hour of basic training (paddle strokes, turning, and safety procedure).
- 10:00 a.m.-12:00 Paddle north on Lake Superior to the beautiful sand beach at Sawpit Bay.
- 12:00 -1:00 p.m. Lunch at Sawpit Bay.
- 1:00 -2:30 p.m. As we kayak along the coast, you will observe beautiful conglomerate outcroppings among the black lava flows.
- 3:00 p.m. Rest break
- 3:30-5:00 p.m. Take out at the sheltered beach near Mamainse for return transportation by van to Pancake Bay Provincial Park.