EQUIPMENT YOU SUPPLY
- Paddling gear: Cap, sun glasses,
paddling jacket (synthetic windbreaker or rain-suit,
preferably with elasticized cuffs), short pants of
synthetic material, neoprene booties or water sandals
(e.g. Tevas) or running shoes, synthetic long
underwear (top and bottom), plastic water bottle,
head strap for glasses. A "Farmer John/Jane" wet suit
will be supplied by Caribou Expeditions; however, to
guarantee a good fit, a wet-suit can be purchased at
many outdoor stores. Optional: Hand-held
- Note: Paddling clothes should be
synthetic, or with minimal cotton.
- Personal Gear: Sunscreen, chap stick,
bug dope, toilet paper, matches or lighter, soap,
EQUIPMENT AND SERVICES SUPPLIED BY CARIBOU
- Kayak and Accessories: The boats we
supply are single person kayaks (Necky). Each kayak
comes with: sponge, paddle and spare, boat pump,
whistle, spray skirt, poggies or neoprene gloves,
personal flotation device (lifejacket).
- Wet suits are provided. Please indicate your
lifejacket size and wet suit size when you send
deposit or trip balance.
- Accessories: Waterproof dry bags for
- Safety Equipment: First aid kit,
marine radio, compass, tow line.
- Basic Training: Your instructors are
experienced sea kayakers with training from the
B.C.U. (British Canoe Union) and Paddle Canada, with training in C.P.R.
and Wilderness First Aid.